Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cutting mat bag

This bag is my solution to a lot of questions...
- How do I store and carry my amazing massive cutting mats to sewing events without them getting scratched or warped? (FYI - there is a removable piece of foam core in the bag with the mats to keep them rigid)
- what do I do with my orphaned hexagon squares? (I made these as practice for a bee square about a year ago and I won't make them again because they were so frustrating, but I love how they look - perfect bag center pieces, I'm thinking)
- What do I make from this one yard of Echino that I won at Sew Modern over a year ago? It has to be something I use and enjoy!
- How can I use a cheater print? Especially in a way that doesn't look like a cop-out?

And so, I conceived of this bag. Worked on it an hour at a time over a few weeks. Finished it today in a rare daytime sewing session at home. The kids were sick (and thus taken down a notch!) so we put on music and they colored while I finally finished this up.
(after the pics, I added some ribbons at the top to keep it closed)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aha! I have a sweet little cross-stitch I did years ago of a mourning dove and I have never figured out what I want to do with it. Now I know! I will make a pretty tote bag with matching fabrics and my pretty mourning dove! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

I love this! I need one too!

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails