Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bee Happy Neighborhood Quilt - WIP

Just the binding is left!
I'm finished quilting this King sized Bee Happy treasure. I'm certainly winning NO awards for my stippling on this (sigh). I'm afraid my guild members may kick me out if they see how bad the free motion work is on this, but I have to be honest. I love the idea that I did it myself and I am a firm believer in the proverb "Do not despise the day of small beginnings".
How else will I learn without trying?
So it's not perfectly quilted, but this is going to be a treasure for our family, either way. And I'm not afraid of saying I am still a free motion quilting novice.
I won't always be one!
The binding and label (my kids call them "nabels") are all that's left... I promise I'll post pics when it's done. Like the backing fabric with the hand-drawn houses? It's from Ikea.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love it and can't wait to see it! I'm glad your family is going to love it. :)
And, seriously, you gotta tell me how you quilted a king sized quilt. I tried (and failed miserably) to quilt a much smaller one (70x80?). It was a horrible, curse-worthy experience.

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails