Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Apricot harvest

It's a little sad when your apricot harvest can fit into a teacup. But sadly, the birds have used our vacation as a time to steal. I've found apricots with one "bite" out of them scattered around the tree. Insert Griswoldian muttering here. ($&@*#!)
We have a fabulous city fruit tree called a "fruit cocktail tree" which is a beautiful Frankenstein of fruit branches grafted into one another so that we've got plums, nectarines, apricots and peaches all growing on the same tree. (our neighbors have a citrus fruit cocktail tree... Grapefruit, oranges, lemons and limes). They're perfect for small city yards. So far the peaches seem to be growing the most prolifically... I'll have my eyes out for those evil birds... (my fear of birds strikes again). In the meantime, enjoy my amazing harvest. (wink)

2 comments:

msalleycat said...

A fruit cocktail tree??!?!?! Where do I get one of those?

libbydibby said...

Our neighbors sent us last year to OSH. That's where they bought theirs and we found ours there too.

it wasn't even expensive... something like $30 and one year later, I get to spend more money at OSH to buy a plastic owl to chase off the birds from my happy fruit!

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails