Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A birthday smile


You may be sensing a theme here, but I have had a REALLY hard day. And today I opened my door to find a package on my porch... (earlier today I tweeted that each time I open my door I secretly hope a package is there for me)... And THIS was in it! My pal Tori sent it for my
birthday... And I'd even commented on it on her blog... About how she had this cute piece of artwork that -um, reminded me of, um, me... That sounds really self centered, except for those of you who know how much I love red and white polka dots... And my red and white polka dotted rainboots on top of that!...

come to find out... it was actually inspired by this pic.... the one I posted here...

Tori, you're awesome. What a cool fabric collage... Do tell your process... And thanks for the smile today, Lord knows I needed it.

1 comment:

Tori Higa said...

yay! so glad you got it! and so glad you got it on just the right day - even if it WAS two weeks late! :)

and your comment wasn't self centered at all - it was totally inspired by you...i just didn't want to say that until i was able to give it to you for your birthday! i do plan to make a blog post about the inspiration soon though...

and as far as the process goes, i don't really know what my process was - i just kind of made it up as i went. basically, i juts stuck some mod podge on there and called it a day. i did do some sketches fist though.

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails