Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Trying to make sense. A collage.

Got a little extra sleep last night. Which meant I got to stay up tonight and work on a project. I wanted to work on that yellow and grey quilt I've got all pinned and ready, but remembered that for lent this year, I decided to revisit my commitment from last year- which was to add to my personal creative time a few introductory moments of meditative creative time... Last year, I was so happy with how I grew spiritually and artisically during Lent by offering a little more of myself creatively to the more spiritual side of life - to my love for God... It seemed a great thing to try again this year.
So tonight I got out a collage I've been meaning to get to for a few months. I think I'd like to offer it here without too much explanation, ... for you to see and think about and absorb without too much of my own pontificating. (my personal meaning is not obvious or typical - it comes from a feeling I had after a story I heard...perhaps you'd like to share what it presents to you?)
Doing collage is good for my soul. Sewing is, too, but collage seems to rest a little deeper down in there. Which is good, I need some of that right now. A fussy baby is hard on the soul.
(good night!)

No comments:

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails