Pages

Monday, July 7, 2008

Scrap skirt Project #1

Well, the skirt is actually attempt #3... (But who is counting?
Besides me.)
Attempt #1 was a mommy sized one that will make an appearance, but it
is definitely a first attempt. (it was a little too "spinny" for my
taste, but someone else thought it was just right and requested one of
her own)
Attempt #2 was for the Design Director, but I told J that she would
look at it and deem it "not spinny enough". I was right. To her
credit, she was so grateful and tried bravely to be sweet in her
disappointment, but it was apparent that she found it greatly lacking
merit.
Enter Attempt #3... Of which I am quite proud and the Design Director
has stated that she wants to "wear it everyday."
Hooray!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute! Interested in posting a tutorial? =)

Anonymous said...

super cute!! you did a great job!

libbydibby said...

wow... um. I'm honored. I can try, though I am normally terrible at that stuff. I don't measure or anything.

I'll give one hint, though... ahead of time...
my hubby's aunt shared a great tip on gathers - instead of basting stitches, which always break - use fishing line. AHA!

I'll see what I can do for ya.
=)

Jessica said...

cute cute cute! I would be forever grateful if you posted a tutorial :)

Anonymous said...

Tutorial? Just make some more and start selling them! I don't have time to sew anymore.

Cat said...

no tutorial for me either, just sell them in the same material as your grown-up wrap skirts, please - I'm desiring to dress my daughter and I the same for pictures

libbydibby said...

i have a confession to make here...
1 - i wrote up the cutest tutorial on how to make these, but I have no idea how to post a pdf file onto my blog. I wanted to make it something you could download...
2 - I washed Miss M's skirt (stupidly) and dried it - and it did not fare well. to make matters worse, I washed with a new red skirt from India... (BIG MISTAKE) and now it's a pinkish, faded, shredded skirt that I had to spend fixing the other night. I'm glad I got photos of it, beforehand.

anyhow - the end result is that I have ideas as to how I can make this skirt better - and have begun work on some other little girl skirts, but they're not finished yet.

oh - and I think I'd have to charge $50 for the little girl skirts - are you all really game for that? (they just take so long to make)

- i'll likely also attempt an a-line, or something simpler for the little gals... we'll see...

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails